Sunshine of my love
Absolutely beautiful morning. I slept like crap at the farm. It felt like I was sleeping on a bed of rocks… bed rock… ok bad joke. Actually I have a few jokes courtesy of Scotty and Johnny. Here goes:
How many Vietnam veterans does it take to change a light bulb?
You wouldn’t know, you weren’t there.
What do you call a cow with now legs?
Ground beef.
Two guys are standing by a window what are their names?
Kurt and Rod
Did you hear about that famous actress that got stabbed the other day? Reese something?
Reese with a Spoon
Ok so sometimes the aussie sense of humor falls a little flat but we still laugh. We are also going to try to change pictures and make a contiki cd before the end of the trip too if we can track down everything we need so thati can burn them. That would be great to have set of pictures and a soundtrack from the trip.
Anyway back to the point of the story. Today we were up and early for a home cooked breakfast. It was flipping freezing when we got up. We had to be packed and have our bags at the coach to be loaded by 720 and then to breakfast. Typical breakfast. Bacon (they eat their bacon really really thick here) eggs (I still don’t eat them. I only drink them raw in sours. Progress. Baby steps.) hash browns, cereal (with bananas – didn’t eat em – and apricots – good stuff) toast and sausage. It was a lovely little breakfast out in the sun on the porch of the barn (which I forgot to mention was prettily decorated with lots of chrismas decorations, lights and trees… speaking of Christmas trees maybe there will be one waiting for me to decorate when I get home yeah?).
We said our goodbyes to boyd and Gloria and hopped on the bus to leave. We have a tight schedule to keep today because we have to make out ferry to the island or we are screwed. Plus there are laws that say Scotty can only drive for so many hours per day and we had to cross the great dividing range and up the sunshine coast today (beautiful by the way) so we did a lot of driving and stopping off in random places here and there along the road.
Shortly before 6n we arrived at hervey bay and we had the chance to run into a supermarket to pick up any kind of food or whatever we might need. You wouldn’t believe the mass amount of liquor that people purchased at the bottle shop. You would really think that someone went around saying that tomorrow there would never be alcohol for sale again. Whatever flips your pancakes I guess.
We got dropped off down at the docks and caught a ferry across to the island. Since it was high tide it only took us 30 minutes to get across the bay to fraser island. By the time we got there it was dark and we had to jump on a 4wd people mover to get up the hill to the hotel. Johnny had told us earlier that he had crossed paths with another contiki group going in the opposite direction of us who had just come from fraser island. Apparently, there was a broken pipe and the group had no water in their rooms. Johnny bitched at them enough that they upgraded our whole group from the cabins to the actual eco lodge with super sweet rooms so we ended up with these awesome rooms that normally cost upwards of $200 a night. Woo hoo.
Quick drop into the rooms and then off to dinner at the dingo bar. The rest of the night was just awesome. I kept thinking that I will remember these times for the rest of my life because I am having so much fun. Basically we all just drank and danced the night away and no one really cared about anything at all. We requested the worst songs ever that we all secretly love like “you cant touch this” and “ice ice baby” and sang and danced away. Johnny and Scotty were hysterical with their dancing. Scotty was completely wasted and attempting to break dance and almost took out half of the group of people. At one point he was trying to dance with me and ended up dragging me across the dance floor in a head lock instead and then he comes up to me and points at a table and says “what is that?” so I said “a table” and he says “a table? Ok lets go dance on it” and he and I ended up dancing on the table top. Johnny was busting some moves too and we ended up getting down to “let me blow ya mind” and he was trying to dip me and I wouldn’t go for it because I was afraid he was going to drop me on my head. Both of the guys were just crazy but absolutely hilarious. For whatever reason at one point Johnny decides to blow a raspberry on my stomach as im walking by and I about fell over laughing. I also seemed to have seen scotty’s bum way more times that I would have liked too (which would be approximately be 0) because he kept dropping his pants for one reason or the other. At one point Antonio tried doing the same things and it was just not even funny. I guess personality has a lot to do with it.
I have no idea what time we ended up heading back to the rooms but as we were walking in some of the people were being so loud and they guy at reception came out and asked us to quiet down and a few of them smarted back to him. A bit later on my roommate nat and I were getting ready to sleep and all we could hear was daniella yelling at the top of her lungs so nat went next door (where they were) and asked her to be quiet. The little punk told her that she would be quiet when she felt like it. Im serious, the girl is so immature and disrespectful. Its unbelievable. Then again there are some other people in the group who are pretty immature too but she is the worst by far. She was even being so loud that security came again and told them to quiet down. Don’t think it ever did happen.
Other than those few hiccups the night was fantastic. Off the shamizz as grania would say.

<< Home